Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Obama: Secret Muslim Terrorist?

Have you heard that Barack Obama is a Muslim, or that he goes to a black supremacist church? Many people have the tendency to base their judgments for candidates on false information given to them through the media. These faulty generalizations have been extremely irritating
me. I hear these generalizations not only from the media but in everyday conversation with my own family. From one extreme to another, first he’s a Muslim now he’s a bad Christian.
Why should it matter if Obama is a Muslim? It has nothing to do with his ability to help, or run a nation. Yes, 9/ 11 was caused by terrorists who like to use Islam to justify what they did, but how many Christians have blown up abortion clinics, killing innocent people saying it was gods will. Does this make all Christians bad people? I understand that people have a gut reaction as a result of 9/11 but they need to step back and reevaluate whether or not their beliefs about Muslims are valid.
In light of the recent evidence that Obama is not a Muslim, attacks have been made saying that he goes to a black supremacist church, and also supports a preacher who makes inflammatory comments about America. The Trinity United Church of Christ describes itself as “Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian” which tells me that they don’t hate white people, their just proud of their heritage and faith. It’s no different then those that attend Greek Orthodox or Polish Catholic churches celebrating their ancestry. As far as inflammatory remarks made by the rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama’s Preacher, goes, who hasn’t had a mentor or close family member who has said things that were controversial, disagreeable, or just plain wrong. Obama can hardly be held responsible for anti-American comments made by Wright. People need to begin taking a second look at what is heard through the media ,and not just accept things at face value.

3 comments:

government said...

What is that means specifically? Do you mean he is terrorists with being Muslim or his is predigesting by going to the black supremacist church. Why should people be predigesting about religions and race. If somebody has the ability to control the nation, in my idea it does not matter if is Muslim or Christian or esc. I am christen and do really hate the Muslim. The reason why is because I use to live in Muslim country with lots of pressure. Now I am in free country I think free, I have the ability to talk about anything I want to. In my idea the campaign who is against Obama , are talking lots of unnecessary point that is not the nations problems and that is really not peoples business to know what religion has their future president. As long as, we trust our future president than the nation will be fine, We trusted Bosh, he is white and also Christian, but he killed million of people how lives in Afghanistan, and million of people how lives in Iraq too. The economy is very low and also where is our tax? Of course is gone, but where, in Iraq or Afghanistan? Never mined it is almost to be done and we are waiting for the big change.

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken said...

I can agree and disagree with your post. To agree, minor reports that we hear through the grape vine and not the candidate themselves should be disregarded. Maybe ask yourself, really? And try to find out if it is true or not. Especially if it is something that is going to effect your decision. Me personally, I like to hear it from the horses mouth, and I like what this stallion is saying.<---(comic relief) Otherwise its just a bunch of noise, and I learned that it is not smart to listen to a bunch of that.
Now to disagree, I think we should take a little consideration into someone’s beliefs. If we completely disregarded this, we could end up electing the next Antichrist. Now do we really want to be "That Nation"? Now I know our nation is smart enough not to do this. What I am saying is that some consideration will ALWAYS be taken of one's beliefs, its a small factor but still a factor.

Now back to agreeing. It sucks when a majority of the voting nation is "this" and the candidate admits to being "that". Because of this there is a good chance that he will not be very popular or even liked. This sucks because the majority that does this only understands what they have heard about this belief and choose to dislike the candidate for that particular reason. To tell you the truth there are a couple of things that I do not agree with in my religion. But you would not have known that unless I gave a speech about it telling you so. Hey sounds like a good idea! I hope one of our candidates does that...Who are we talking about again?